Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jason's Graduation Ceremony

While Jason isn't technically done with his Masters (in Urban and Environmental Policy and Planning from Tufts) until August, he got to walk with the rest of his mates this past Sunday! It was a lot of fun and a little stressful because Jason's dad came, who I've never met before. We only went to the department graduation ceremony which is probably better because it was smaller and thus more intimate.

They had it in what must have been the Theater Dept's small theater, which was also in the round, which some of the speakers (ie professors) were totally confused by! But I thought it was kinda cool. Jason's (and mine by now) friend Jon and his girlfriend Chrissy also came to the graduation, which was very nice of them, especially because I didn't have to deal with Jason's dad by myself. Afterwards there was a tasty reception and then there was an informal gathering at Orleans in Davis.

Unfortunately, unlike many of Jason's friends we did not drop off Jason's dad at home before this, so while Jason and I were having a good time talking/saying goodbye to a lot of people Jason's dad was clearly tired and bored (even though he was like "We can do whatever, it's your day," when Jason asked him what he wanted to do [emphasis added]). Then Jason's dad took the first opportunity to strongly suggest we go home (which clearly annoyed Jason), at that point I realized how spoiled I am to have parents (that while crazy) at least tell me how they are feeling to begin with.

Then I went home because Jason's dad was staying at his house and Steph was coming back in from NYC and staying over at grams house so I got to see her which was pretty cool too!

Finally on Monday night Jason and I go to spend some quality time because we went to the Long Blonds show at Great Scott. They were awesome. And they're British which makes them a little more awesome than usual.

In other not super exciting news I had brunch with Krishna and TJ yesterday (my day off) at Thorton's where I had never actually been before and where I should start going more often. And then lazed around with Krishna until she had to go to work.

Now I am hoping Jay will be doing hair sometime this week, it's been too long!

2 comments:

Nina B. said...

You had never been to Thornton's? That's crazy! Their food is so simple and delicious.

Nina B. said...

Dude, trust me: I buy nice things for myself for no reason ALL the time. Thanks for reminding me.