Monday, November 19, 2007

I have a few pictures today.


However, the pictures are not of what I promised, but those will come soon.

Holy crap this waterfall is HUGE! To the left is Jason and the waterfall we took an "easy" hike to get to. We were accompanied by his classmate and friend Abey (who is very cool despite the fact that she suggested we go on the "easy" hike). We were in the middle of New Hampshire because we went to the Tufts "Loj" in mid October with Jason's friends from the UEP program. It was a lot of fun, we roasted marshmallows, drank pumpkin beer and everyone learned that Jason had not made me up (and that I was cool!).

Unfortunately, the "Loj" stewards (undergrads in the Tufts outdoorsie club) were....Very much so undergrads from Tufts. They were awkward and loud about it.



Anyways after getting back from the "Loj" I (and the rest of the PSA) had been invited by Carlotta (really awesome new member of the PSA) to go to the NU LSCC 10 year celebration Gala. Which was pretty cool, Carlotta we knew was getting an award...I think for being awesome. But then she surprised the us all by having finagled the LSCC (sorry Latino Student Cultural Center) into giving the PSA an honorary award for out work with the Justice for Janitors campaign. It was great for her because she got to see all of us look shocked and blush as we made our way to the podium.



And did I mention it was a formal affair:
From left: Me, Krishna, Nicole (behind) Lydia, Carlotta (star of the evening), Peter and Jesse.

I looked much more formal in real life. I had very sexy (dangerously so) shoes on that you cannot see.







More recently last week I went to a Pipettes show with Jason which was quite cool, even though it was totally after my bedtime. After that I went home for the weekend because Steph was in town for the dentist (lame). In an unplanned trip to BJ's we bought the first disc set of the Muppet Show on DVD because it's awesome. Well at least in memory it was awesome, when we actually watched it it turns out a lot of the grown up references are lost on us because it's from 1973 and the kids jokes are, well kid jokes. The episodes got better over time so I'm holding out hope that the second disc set is better. Despite that Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy and the rest of the gang are still my heroes. (If you also watch the show "Heroes" you'll know it goes without saying that in an epic battle between Ms. Piggy and Claire the clear victor is Ms. P. Not only because of her superior physical and mental prowess but also because at heart Ms Piggy is the ultimate bad guy and thus will always win.) But I digress.

The weekend also involved apple picking and playing soccer (sort of) with Mack, watching more TV, making fired in the wood-stove, drinking hot chocolate, reading and bothering Mack even more.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Wow... easy hike, eh? I seem to recall one of those in my past with a certain clan of roving hippies! (That afterwards served me a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, so thanks for that. ;)

You look lovely. And I am guessing are feeling better - so huzzah for that.

Miss you like whoa! xoxoxo.

Nina B. said...

Life is good. (Not a plug for that store in Harvard Square.)