Monday, November 26, 2007

Recap of Thanksgiving week

I had a lovely time with my family as usual. If I've learned anything (and probably unintentionally) from my family it is to turn off the anxiety during holidays and to just have a good time. There was nothing super special about this Thanksgiving just a lot of things that make it the rather fun holiday it is. Well, actually we did meet Lisa's new boy, they were not obnoxious, and he was, in fact, a very nice person.

Thanksgiving activities:

1) Pre-holiday cleaning (apparently Lisa's boy is allergic to cats)

2) Making a mountain of hors d” oeuvres because dinner is always late

3) Making Apple Cider! (dad's new toy this fall was an apple grinder)

4) Blowing up store bought, fund raiser pies Mack made me buy for NHS (not only was that a waste of money the pies didn't even blow up very well. Next year we will get better fireworks.)

5) Of course, eating turkey and all the fixin's, including the delicious rice stuffing my mom makes that I have only recently come to realize is such a rarity.

Dessert was also quite delightful I highly advise the making of goodin puddin because it is amazing, full of cranberry goodness and is very easy to make.

The fam is well. Our family cars are not so well, which means poor dad must bear the brunt of Mack's complaining and despite the fact that Mack is the only one left to be chauffeured he has enough angst make up for the absence of Steph and myself.

The siblings and I mostly watched TV and poked each other. Our marathon viewings included Dr. Zhivago (random? and it took like 2 days to finish with lots of breaks in between), Flight of the Conchords (awesome), Home Movies (thanks to Jason a staple in our house) and lots of the Food Network and the Science channel.

As usual pics coming soon to a Caro blog near you.

2 comments:

Jasonik said...

where would you guys be without my excessive spending on DVDs? i missed you!

Bobbie said...

I love the Caro blog! Your family is so great... yay for family fun time! and tasty, tasty fooooood.