Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Jason did do a very good job of taking care of me this weekend, Laura, I didn't even have to make him make me tea. And the "trashy" LMA stories are just too good. One day perhaps I can better myself and give them up once and for all, but alas my moral fortitude is too weak!

Also, despite the fact that I did not get the job --which, yes, I am clearly too good for anyways-- I at least was told that there was nothing I did wrong, the other applicant just knew excel more than I did (umm...lame). Also it seems like certain people were unhappy with the decision to not hire me and that at least makes me feel a little special.

As a result I need to:

1) figure out if I will work more hours at my job at the "waffle factory"

2) do this in order to pay of student loans and try to afford the now mandatory health insurance in MA

3) which I read in the metro that today is the second to last day there is to sign up for insurance without facing "penalties". Oops.

However, I am excited that this weekend I get to see Stephanie and the fam because (unfortunately for her yet good for me) she is coming home for a dentist appt.

In Grandma/Aunts news:

We had the ugly shingles removed (well half of them until spring anyway) from the house and there are actually nice clapboards underneath which are being painted an interesting mauve-y color. The trim, in traditional Victorian style, is three colors; dark green, dark red and an off white.

Pictures coming soon.

3 comments:

Bobbie said...

I wish they were real waffles.

Hi to the fam!!!

Jules said...

hey hun!

I feel ya on the health care thing, but just an fyi Nov 15th is only a psedo deadline to sign up. I'm pretty sure the real deadline is Dec 31st, they just recommend that you sign up by 11/15 to make sure it'll take effect by 12/31.

hope you're doing better-er with the plaugue of doom. Miss you.

Nina B. said...

I wanna paint my house in traditional/crazy Victorian fashion, but it's not really a paint-able house. I might have to settle for a bright purple door or something. Oh yeah.